Alaska Airlines - Portland
About Carbon Health's Partnership With Alaska Airlines
Carbon Health is a proud partner of Alaska Airlines. Together we’ve allotted designated days and times at our Seattle clinic for those traveling to Hawaii on Alaska Airlines to book a COVID-19 clearance test.
- Book your appointment at least 72 hours before your flight. Carbon Health can test infants as young as 3 months, however, Hawaii is only requiring tests for those 5 years and older. Appointments are available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at our 6th Avenue pop-up clinic in Seattle.
- You’ll receive a rapid COVID-19 test from a Carbon Health clinician. The Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 Test is the fastest available molecular point-of-care test for the detection of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Results will be ready within 2 hours of taking the test.
- Your test results will be available via the Carbon Health app. You will receive an SMS notification when they are ready. Patients can then log into the Carbon Health app to obtain a downloadable PDF of their test result. This PDF can be used upon entry to the state of Hawaii as proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the mandated 72 hours arrival window.
The Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 Test is the fastest available molecular point-of-care test for the detection of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Developed by Abbott, it has been authorized by the FDA under an emergency use authorization for use by authorized laboratories and patient care settings. The test has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens, and is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1) unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
- This clinic may not look like your average doctors’ office, but it functions like one. At this location, we’re offering COVID-19 clearance exams for adults and children over 3 months old traveling to Hawaii from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
- During your visit, you’ll receive an Abbott NOW COVID-19 Test from a Carbon Health clinician. This test will determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19.
- Your COVID-19 results will be available to you via the Carbon Health app within 2 hours of taking the test. Carbon Health will not share any results from your visit directly with your travel carrier.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The first step is to download the Carbon Health app on your phone. From there you can create an account, then add family members. That way, from a single device you can schedule your family’s appointments and access their results. COVID-19 clearance exams are available for adults and children over 3 months old.
- The cost of the COVID-19 test is $135 per traveler. COVID-19 tests for traveling to Hawaii are not deemed medically necessary and therefore the cost of each test will need to be covered by each patient prior to the administration of the test. Tests required for convenience/travel are a non-covered service by insurance and/or the CARES Act. If you would like to attempt to seek reimbursement for the test from your health insurance plan, you can use the after-visit summary and receipt found in the Carbon Health app to send to your insurance provider.
- Yes - Carbon Health accepts payments via HSA and FSA cards.
- Less than one percent of the time, a test may return an invalid result. This does not mean the test was performed incorrectly but occurs in a situation where the lab device cannot report a result with confidence. If this occurs, you will be contacted for a repeat sampling at no additional cost to you.
- Rapid COVID-19 Testing is the fastest available molecular point-of-care test for the detection of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) developed by Abbott, delivering positive results in as little as five minutes and negative results in under 15 minutes. Test results will be returned no more than 2 hours after the test and tests can be safely administered to adults and children over 3 months old.
- The test will be an anterior nasal swab. Swabbing will only occur to the mid nasal area and will be much more comfortable than the nasopharyngeal swab. The test is run using molecular technology to detect the presence of a virus by identifying a small section of the virus' genome, then amplifying that portion until there is enough for detection. This process can cut down testing wait time to as little as five minutes for positive results and 13 minutes for negative results.
- It has been authorized by the FDA under an emergency use authorization for use by authorized laboratories and patient care settings. The test has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens, and is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
What our patients say
I highly recommend them to anyone needing medical attention. Reservations are easy to set up via their app and recommended to avoid wait time. Yelp only allows for 5 stars. I would give them a 10.
Oh my God, finally an urgent care in our neighborhood that doesn't actually feel like an urgent care! The space is super clean, modern, open and airy. The staff was excellent and were super friendly.
If I could give this place 10 stars, I would. I received exceptional service from the moment I walked in, to the time I left. This place has been the best urgent care location I've ever been to.
Literally amazing. They have the nicest doctors and staff, and you can get an appointment so easily and so fast!
Appreciated being seen immediately, the friendly and helpful staff, and my comprehensive care including x-rays, prescriptions called into my pharmacy and scheduling a follow-up appointment.
What I love is through their app (make sure you download the app - worth it) they check up on you to make sure you are ok. You are able to share any new developments.
Great urgent care! Easy to make an appointment, got seen right away, the place was clean and tidy, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.