Coronavirus testing in
Book online for in-person or at-home COVID-19 testing
- In clinic testingDiagnostic and Antibody testing; covered by insurance
- At-home test kitSaliva-based diagnostic testing; $185 covered by the patient2-day delivery
- Travel Clearance Testing$135-$170/person
- Virtual consultationFor COVID-19 related questions; covered by insurance
How it works
Book your appointment easily online through our app or website. Same-day appointments available.
Come in to a clinic
You can receive diagnostic and antibody tests at all of our urgent care and pop-up clinics.
Our clinicians will take your samples, and evaluate your symptoms, and answer any questions.
Results in the app
Your test results will be available via the Carbon Health desktop site or mobile app for iOS or for Android. You will receive a text message when your results are ready, and you can log into your Carbon Health account to obtain a downloadable PDF of the test result.
Take off for your destination safely.
Book a COVID-19 clearance test to travel to travel safely in the United States. Available in Seattle, Bellevue, Portland, San Diego, San Jose and Los Angeles currently.
Insurance not accepted
We designed our clinics from the ground up with patient's experience in mind.
COVID care in your community
Book an appointment online for a COVID-19 test at one of our tech-enabled clinics or pop-up testings sites. These state-of-the-art clinics may not look like your average doctors’ office, but they function like one.
- Diagnostic Testing
Diagnostic tests are used by doctors to diagnose people with or without symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Antibody Testing
An antibody test lets you know if you were ever infected with COVID-19 and didn’t show signs or symptoms.
- At-Home Test Kit
Order and receive your kit within two days and perform the test from the safety of your own home.
- COVID-19 Testing
- Urgent Care
- Virtual Primary Care
- Primary Care
- COVID-19 Travel Clearance Testing
- Virtual Urgent Care
In-Home Tests Now Available
Test for COVID-19 safely from your own home when you order the Carbon Health testing kit. Receive it in two business days.
- Saliva-based test for active infection
- Ships FedEx Overnight both ways
- Clinician follow up if positive
Virtual consultation at your fingertips.
Get a COVID-19 consultation virtually right from your smartphone when you download the app.
Available in the App Store and Google Play
Frequently Asked Questions
- Diagnostic tests are used by doctors to diagnose people with or without symptoms related to COVID-19. Specimen samples are taken from the patient’s nose or throat with results in 5-7 days.
- Antibody tests check your blood by looking for antibodies, which may tell you if you had a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. You will get your results in 2-3 days.
- COVID-19 diagnostic test results typically take five to seven days to process, under normal conditions. COVID-19 antibody (serology) test results typically take about three to four days.
- The following information is for COVID-19 testing only and does not apply to a regular visit to a Carbon Health clinic or any non-coronavirus related visits.
If you have insurance in-network with Carbon Health there is no fee or cost to you as the patient. You can supply us with your insurance details, preferably when you book your appointment online, or via the Carbon Health app.
If you have insurance that is not contracted with Carbon Health, for example, Kaiser HMO or Medi-Cal, there is no fee or cost to you as a patient. You will still need to supply us with your insurance details, preferably when you book your appointment online, or via the Carbon Health app.
If you are not insured, there is no fee or cost to you as the patient. As part of the Families First and CARES Act, you will have to fill out a short form at the clinic or mobile site clinic at the time of your COVID-19 testing appointment.,
- You will receive your results via Carbon Health mobile app within 5-7 days. We highly recommend you download the app before your appointment so you could easily access your test results.
- Our clinical staff will walk you through the next steps. Depending on your symptoms, you might be advised to go to the emergency room or self-quarantine at home. We will check in with you daily to monitor your progress.
- Anyone who needs to know whether they have ever been infected are appropriate candidates for testing. Ultimately, testing is determined by your clinician.
- To get tested, schedule an appointment at a Carbon Health clinic for an assessment using the COVID-19 Concerns appointment reason.
- Results may take 3 to 4 days to process. However, this will vary based on the volume of tests received by the labs. Once the results are in, you will receive a call or a message from one of our providers with next steps.
- Based on current evidence, it is unclear whether the presence of SARS-CoV2 virus (COVID) antibodies results in immunity. Decisions about ongoing monitoring or protocols surrounding activities should be made after discussing with your clinician.
- A negative serologic test result indicates you have not developed detectable antibodies at the time of testing. This may be due to having testing performed too early in the course of COVID-19, the absence of exposure to the virus, or the lack of an adequate immune response. A negative test does not completely rule out a past or present infection with SARS-CoV-2 virus and correlation with a diagnostic test may be considered to look for an active infection. A negative result should not be used to influence social distancing, hand hygiene, or use of protective equipment decisions.
- The COVID-19 serology test does not diagnose you with an active SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, but it can provide some information about whether a patient has been exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Serology testing, along with each individual's clinical scenario, can provide some information to patients particularly when the test is negative. In certain populations, this information can help them better understand what their exposures have been.
- A positive serologic test result indicates you have likely produced an immune response to the SARS-CoV2 virus (COVID) or one of a subset of the other types of coronaviruses (HKU1, NL63, OC43 or 229E). A positive test result does not exclude an active infection and it is not known if the antibody confers clinical immunity. It is very important to keep in mind this test does not indicate whether you currently have an active infection or whether you are infectious. A PCR test may be recommended to help identify an active infection. Keep in mind patients can remain infectious for many weeks after they are infected with the virus. A positive test means you may or may not pass the infection along to others. Based on current evidence, it is unclear whether the presence of these antibodies result in immunity. Decisions about ongoing monitoring or protocols surrounding activities should be made after discussing with your clinician.
- Since the serology test is relevant to potential infections that have occurred 4 or more days after your illness, repeat testing is unnecessary unless you develop a new potential infection. These tests are most accurate when you test negative though suggesting that you have not had exposure to coronavirus.
- No, your healthcare is between you and your care team and is always confidential.
- Although the exact number is not known, the range that LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics have published depends on the number of days after your infection you are tested. The longer the duration, the fewer false negatives. This can range from 3-15%.
- Carbon Health’s pop-up clinics are permanent point-of-care facilities that marry our unique brand of virtual and in-person care. These state-of-the-art clinics may not look like your average doctors’ office, but they function like one.
- Carbon Health pop-up clinics will perform COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody test.
- It’s required to book an appointment at carbonhealth.com before coming to the pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic. This is so we may safely guide you into the clinic and reduce your risk of exposure. Once you’ve booked your appointment online, go to the clinic during your scheduled time. Once there, our clinicians will guide you through the next steps. Once inside the pop-up clinic, you will have a virtual visit with one of our providers. A nurse will be on-site to take your samples and answer any questions you might have.
- A highly qualified team of Medical Directors (MD), Physicians Assistants (PA), and Nurse Practitioners (NP).
- Pop-ups clinics are not available for walk-in visits. Patients can schedule an appointment through carbonhealth.com or through the Carbon Health app.
- Carbon Health pop-up clinics do not have a lobby. Patients will be seen by appointment and will be able to wait outside the pop-up clinic or in their cars until it is their turn to enter. There will be a check-in tent in front of the trailer.
- There will be reserved parking lots for Carbon Health patients.
- 1. Everyone on the clinic team is screened daily.
2. Team members wear protective equipment at all times and sanitize their hands after handling any patient’s belongings.
3. All surfaces are cleaned hourly and in between patient visits.
4. Clinics are deep cleaned at the end of each day.
5. Social distancing protocols in place at all times.