Poison Ivy/Oak

Poison ivy and oak grow in woods across the United States and are known to leave itchy, red rashes if touched. This rash will often clear up on its own, but you can treat the itch with a gentle application of ointments and lotions. Seek emergency care at a nearby Carbon Health if the rash is on your face or spreads across the body.
The first signs of poison oak exposure typically appear within 12 to 48 hours after contact with the plant's oil, urushiol. The initial symptoms may include itching, redness, and swelling of the affected area of skin. As the reaction progresses, small, fluid-filled blisters may develop, which can eventually ooze and form crusts.

Book an appointment


Insurance and pricing

We accept most major insurance plans. No insurance? No problem, our pricing is clear and affordable.
Contact your insurance company to check your coverage.Learn More
Skip FAQs

Questions about Carbon Health

Similar reasons to Poison Ivy/Oak