Travel Clearance - Northgate Mall
COVID-19 Travel Clearance Testing
About Carbon Health's COVID-19 Travel Clearance Testing
Carbon Health is offering COVID-19 travel clearance testing in select west coast locations to travelers flying in the United States. Travel clearance visits are only available in Seattle, San Diego, San Jose, and Los Angeles currently.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Carbon Health travel clearance tests are currently configured to meet the state requirements of Alaska and Hawaii. We cannot guarantee our tests and result formats meet international travel requirements.
- Book an appointment
- Get in & get tested
- Get Your Results & You're Off
You'll need to be tested in the 72 hours before your flight. Carbon Health can test infants as young as 3 months. Travel Clearance appointments are available 7 days a week.
As part of the intake process, have your flight itinerary ready to present to a Carbon clinician. You'll then receive a COVID-19 test. Results will be ready by 2pm the day after your test.
Your test results will be available via the Carbon Health desktop or mobile site. You will receive a text message when your results are ready, and you can log into your Carbon Health account to obtain a downloadable PDF of the test result.
- Our clinics may not look like your average doctors’ office, but they function like one. At certain locations, we’re offering COVID-19 clearance exams for adults and children over 3 months old traveling domestically in the United States.
- During your visit, you’ll receive a COVID-19 Test from a Carbon Health clinician. This test will determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19.
- Your test results will be available via the Carbon Health desktop or mobile site by 2pm the day after taking the test. Carbon Health will not share any results from your visit directly with your travel carrier.
- COVID-19 Travel Clearance Test
Frequently Asked Questions
- Currently, Carbon Health is able to meet specific guidelines and provide the necessary forms for travel to the states of Hawaii and Alaska. We also guarantee a test results turnaround time of 2pm the day after a test is performed. We cannot guarantee that we meet specific regulations for any other domestic travel and we do not provide any clinical sign off or wet signature for other travel forms. It is up to each patient to ensure our testing results and turnaround times are valid for international travel clearance and that any paperwork is handled separately.
- The first step is to create an account with Carbon Health. Each adult should create their own unique account. You can do so on our desktop site or by downloading the Carbon Health app for iOS or Android. Once your account is created, you can then add children or family members who are minors any adult account. That way, you can schedule your family’s appointments and access their results from a single device. COVID-19 clearance exams are available for adults and children over 3 months old.
- If you are using the Carbon Health app: Log in to your account, select 'Settings' and click 'Switch Patient'. You will be able to add a family member there and then schedule an appointment on their account. If you are using Carbon Health on desktop: Log in to your account, select your initials in the top right corner, and click 'Switch Patient'. You will be able to add a family member there and then schedule an appointment on their behalf. Please note that each adult should create their own unique account.
- There may be times close to your appointment when you can book for your family member. A separate account needs to be created to schedule an appointment.
- The cost of the COVID-19 travel clearance test is $170 per test. COVID-19 tests for traveling are not deemed medically necessary and therefore the cost of each test will need to be covered by each patient prior to the administration of the test. Tests required for convenience/travel are a non-covered service by insurance and/or the CARES Act. If you would like to attempt to seek reimbursement for the test from your health insurance plan, you can use the after-visit summary and receipt found in the Carbon Health app to send to your insurance provider.
- Yes - Carbon Health accepts payments via HSA and FSA cards.
- Less than one percent of the time, a test may return an invalid result. This does not mean the test was performed incorrectly but occurs in a situation where the lab device cannot report a result with confidence. If this occurs, you will be contacted for a repeat sampling at no additional cost to you.
- The test will be an anterior nasal swab. Swabbing will only occur to the mid nasal area and will be much more comfortable than the nasopharyngeal swab. The test is run using molecular technology to detect the presence of a virus by identifying a small section of the virus' genome, then amplifying that portion until there is enough for detection.
- Once logged in to your Carbon Health account, you can access the PDF of your test results in the 'My Health' section by scrolling and selecting 'Lab Results'. Once in 'Lab Results', select the test result you would like to view, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select the PDF icon on the bottom left side. If you are using the Carbon Health mobile app, use the Export button on the bottom left to email or message your results PDF. If you are on the Carbon Health desktop site, use the Download button in the top right corner to obtain your results PDF.
Watch how to find and download on desktop.
Watch how to find and download in mobile app.
- We are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
- Yes, please bring your confirmed flight itinerary to your test appointment with Carbon Health.
- Beginning Wednesday, December 2, 2020, the pre-travel testing program has been temporarily halted for Kauai County. All travelers arriving on Kauai must quarantine for 10 days. Vacation rentals are not permitted as a quarantine location. Learn more. Affected guests may cancel and receive credit for future travel or rebook to another Hawaii destination at no cost.
What our patients say
I highly recommend them to anyone needing medical attention. Reservations are easy to set up via their app and recommended to avoid wait time. Yelp only allows for 5 stars. I would give them a 10.
Oh my God, finally an urgent care in our neighborhood that doesn't actually feel like an urgent care! The space is super clean, modern, open and airy. The staff was excellent and were super friendly.
If I could give this place 10 stars, I would. I received exceptional service from the moment I walked in, to the time I left. This place has been the best urgent care location I've ever been to.
Literally amazing. They have the nicest doctors and staff, and you can get an appointment so easily and so fast!
Appreciated being seen immediately, the friendly and helpful staff, and my comprehensive care including x-rays, prescriptions called into my pharmacy and scheduling a follow-up appointment.
What I love is through their app (make sure you download the app - worth it) they check up on you to make sure you are ok. You are able to share any new developments.
Great urgent care! Easy to make an appointment, got seen right away, the place was clean and tidy, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.